Re: [chrony-users] include not working with chrony 3.1?

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 01:48:37PM +0200, Wielant, Ulrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recently I updated from chrony 3.0 to 3.1 (chrony-3.1-21.1.x86_64). I am using the include statement in the chrony config file.
> After updating the statements in the included file are not included any more.

> This is /home/tester/ntp.include (Rights -rw-r--r--):
> server 192.168.87.95 iburst

Does the chrony systemd unit have ProtectHome=yes? The example unit
file in the chrony tarball does have it, which means chronyd can't
access any file in /home. From systemd.exec(5) man page:

ProtectHome=
	Takes a boolean argument or "read-only". If true, the directories
	/home, /root and /run/user are made inaccessible and empty for
	processes invoked by this unit.

You may need to modify the unit file or move the config file to
/etc/chrony.d for instance.

In any case, chronyd should complain loudly when it can't read the
file. It used to be a fatal error. I think this was introduced when
the include directive started using glob() to allow patterns. I'll fix
that.

Thanks,