Re: [chrony-users] Notification from Chrony about change in time

NOt sure what you mean. Chrony constantly updates the time. It is not
something that happens at any particular time. It measures how far out the
time now is, then adjusts the rate of the clock so that that time difference
will be eliminated over some time period. That is a constant process.

chronyc will tell you various things, including what the current offset is,
what the adjusted rate is, etc. I think you are confused about how chrony
works. I is not like rdate, or ntpdate which simply resets the clock when run.

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada V6T 1Z1 ____|____ and Gravity ______|_ www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/