|Re: [chrony-users] Monitoring Chrony|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Monitoring Chrony
- From: Ben Kochie <bjk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 10:40:49 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=soundcloud-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to; bh=/Z5ZR581QJtJ00d2romC6bvlh6hmfdMbEvVVigyeWKg=; b=Q8Kz8PvBR04XL3+XqbxD0G02ljq12DwvJf4CKdFvqlQIIR9zbZD9H2Y8vPdSMGS3Of b/DSTH1MWi6EsuA1KGuEjMJ5LvMeEyIZf+2Kp3V04k4XxFu8mnC1fJRUYvkxEK/fDU0d Vre8np9ARP/sCZgoWIn/cdYh766eLWS8OEMz6fRhWSRW8254EtIilovCxpi3bX/C0no+ 7WywajTg6d3SKJGndO3p2LxrhiYv8W8IcxxjOKcR2p5XkfXwGbnv4CgP6a4GAstl5OF9 1f/89VxWAOptzulV+x/ij5WM2exHKauzREps4DI2JzxrORC4J4/pnuZqSBtNnoSseNR5 v0XQ==
It makes sense, but the real problem is the there are ordering issues with the way things are processed in most of the stats outputs.
For example in the sources/sourcestats, the code walks each source and outputs all the stats for each source.
Prometheus expects metrics to be output in order of metric. For example all of the offsets for each source.
I had a discussion with another person over the weekend, and I think what we're going to do is to abandon the text metrics output idea and implement the chronyd protocol (probably in Go) so that we can build a direct Prometheus exporter.