Re: [chrony-users] Modifying system date and syncing back

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014, mallapadi niranjan wrote:

Greetings,

I am  using Fedora 20 and running version chrony-1.29.1-1.fc20.x86_64,  I run certain automation scripts which requires to change
system date , run some script and then change the date back.  currently i am doing the following

chronyc -a offline
date -s '1 month'
<perform certain actions>
chronyc -a online
chronyc -a makestep

Why don't you change it back by a month after the actions with "date"? As it
is chrony has to struggle to figure out that tthe time is suddenly hugely
changed. And why in the world would you want to do the above?

I would like to know if the above procedure is right, Any suggestions on what would be the best procedure to sync time in above
scenario.

Regards
Niranjan