Re: [chrony-users] Run chrony without acting as a NTP server

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Bill Unruh <unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why does it matter? Anyway, look at the deny
> command. deny all

 Thank you for the tip.

> An open port does not mean anything except to tell the system
> "If some packet has that port address, send it to chrony for
> taking care of it."

That is right - it might not be a problem. I was just cautious about having open ports (maybe there is a security hole on chrony) and also was comparing chrony to openntpd which one can configure to not listen on any network interface.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Sincerely, Wilhelm Schuster.