Re: [chrony-users] Starting Chronyd as online

Dear Bill,

I am sorry for not being clear.

Am Sonntag, den 01.07.2012, 22:55 -0700 schrieb Bill Unruh:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012, Paul Menzel wrote:

> > is there a way to start Chronyd as online with an option?
> >
> > This would be helpful to simplify init.d scripts or service files not
> > having to read the password from the key file and pass some commands to
> > Chronyc.
>
> No idea what you mean of why having chronyd "online" ( O assume not detached
> as a daemon) would help. You would still need to run chronyc to pass commands
> to the running daemon, and would have to read the password file to send
> certain commands. And how it would simplify init.d scripts I have no idea..
> Perhaps if you told us the problem, rather than the solution, we could be more
> helpful.

Currently starting Chronyd and executing `activity` in Chronyc all
sources (NTP servers) are listed as offline. The command `online` has to
be executed to get those online. I would like to start Chronyd, so that
all sources are online right away.

Thanks,

Paul