[chrony-dev] Is 124-tai too sensitive?

we see 124-tai frequently fail on architectures like ppc64le and aarch64, but not on x86_64.

The failure happens in is_offset_ok() in reference.c while running the first test in 124-tai. On x86_64 fabs(offset) reaches a maximum of ~0.00098, i.e. it stays just below the 0.001 second limit set by the test, whereas on the affected architectures it slightly exceeds the limit in most of the test runs, e.g. to 0.0010031337 causing chronyd to exit with an error.

I can mitigate this by increasing the allowed offset to cover that overshoot, but I am not sure if that would be in accordance with the intention of the test.

cu
Reinhard
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev, Andrew McDonald, Werner Knoblich