[chrony-dev] [sdl-chrony] DEREF_OF_NULL.RET.STAT in UTI_OpenFile function

Dear colleagues!

While analyzing the program code, we found the following: DEREF_OF_NULL in conf.c .

Return value of a function 'UTI_OpenFile' is dereferenced at conf.c:515 without checking for NULL.

It is usually checked for similar functions:

The only difference between these cases is the register of the transmitted value. However, the research did not reveal any reasons for skipping the check in the case of uppercase letters.

Here we can get a  NULL pointer dereference.

P.S. There is the same problem in files: main.c, tempcomp.c, util.c .

Found by Linux Verification Center portal.linuxtesting.ru with SVACE.

Author E. Bykhanova.