Re: [chrony-dev] Moving chrony website

> On Jul 24, 2023, at 8:22 AM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I like gitlab and I'm already using it to mirror the tuxfamily git
> repository. Beside git repositories, they can host static web pages.
> A test clone of the website (keeping the links to tuxfamily) is now
> here: https://chrony.gitlab.io
>
> To make it easy to move again if/when gitlab turns out to be
> problematic, I'm considering to register a domain for chrony. All the
> nice ones like chrony.net, chrony.org, chrony.cd seem to be taken.
> The following domains are currently available, which I thought might
> be acceptable:
>
> - chronyd.net
> - chronyd.org
> - chrony-project.net
> - chrony-project.org
> - chrony.network
> - chrony.dev
>
> The mailing lists will stay on tuxfamily, at least until a good
> replacement is found. I'm not aware of any and I'm not interested in
> managing our own MTA.
>
> Does this seem reasonable?
> --
> Miroslav Lichvar

Looks reasonable to me.

Will the tarball downloads location move?  Does the static chrony.gitlab.io offer the space and/or monthly bandwidth for the downloads?

A domain would be good, "chrony-project.org" has my vote.

I personally prefer Github over Gitlab, whichever you are more comfortable with.

Lonnie