Re: [chrony-dev] libchrony

Ho Miroslav

I presume that chronyc will eventually use this library.

If/when that happens I would like to see an option to compile the library as a static library and with the option to build chronyc with static linkage.

This would avoid all sorts of dependency issues for me in in running chronyc/chronyd on multiple versions of macOS.

The interfaces so far look good to me.

Thank you for all your work.

Bryan

> On 1/06/2023, at 2:51 AM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I started the new project for chronyd monitoring and management
> library that was discussed here recently.
>
> https://gitlab.com/chrony/libchrony
>
> Basically, it's a low level library for sending and receiving cmdmon
> messages with access to individual fields. Currently, it's monitoring
> only and only some reports are supported. Other reports and commands
> could be added later if there is interest.
>
> At this point I'm mainly interested in feedback about the API, if it
> looks sane and future proof.
>
> --
> Miroslav Lichvar
>

> --