Re: [chrony-dev] Cannot check config file as non privileged user

On Sat, Apr 01, 2023 at 10:56:39AM +1300, Bryan Christianson wrote:
> In the chronyd man page the -Q option states "it allows chronyd to be started without root privileges"
>
> However, when I use the -Q option to check the syntax of my chrony.conf file I am getting a fatal error when I try to add a refclock to my configuration.

The -p option is better for checking syntax of the config.

-Q prints the first measurement and exits. It can work without root
only if there is nothing in the config requiring root as would be the
refclock. I'll try to make it clearer in the man page.