[chrony-dev] Diagnosing pre-shared key authentication failure

I just recently accidentally created a key mismatch between two Chrony peers. The result obviously was that there was no synchronization going on between the two. However it was really difficult to diagnose that it was the keys that didn't match.

My question is, would it be possible to either log or display these types of failures in a more prominent manner? Reject as a falseticker for example? Or even a custom status, I imagine people having issues with NTS might also find that an useful indicator?

Avamander