Re: [chrony-dev] chronyd -p: read NTP sources defined in .sources files

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 07:45:28PM +0200, Vincent Blut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently, 'chronyd -p' can read fragmented configuration files specified by
> the 'include' directive and those from the directories specified by the
> 'confdir' directive.
>
> I had a bug report [1] from a user who wants 'chronyd -p' to also print NTP
> sources specified in .sources files. What's your take on this request, Miroslav?

I don't consider the source files to be part of normal configuration.
They are supposed to be dynamic. chronyd -p prints the sourcedir
directive itself, which should give the user a hint that there can be
other servers.

The source files are normally parsed later, when chronyd already made
modifications to the filesystem and clock, so this would require some
hacking.