Re: [chrony-dev] Purging old clients

On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 08:50:16AM +1300, Bryan Christianson wrote:
> When I run 'chronyc clients' I see many entries for clients that have made their last request several days ago and will quite likely never connect again.
>
> Is there any way to purge client entries that are older than some specified duration?

That's not possible with the current code.

> I am only raise this because it never looks good to see what looks like a memory leak, but maybe it's insignificant.

The client log uses one big chunk of memory for everything. It is a
hash table. Each slot is either marked as unused or has data for an IP
address. Removing a client would be just marking the slot as unused.
It would not save any memory.

The clientlog command could have an option to do that for entries that
are older than specified threshold. Would that be useful?