Re: [chrony-dev] logdir permissions

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada V6T 1Z1 ____|____ and Gravity ______|_ www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/

On Fri, 2 Oct 2020, Bryan Christianson wrote:

In CNF_CreateDirs (conf.c) the permissions on the logdir are hard coded as:

UTI_CreateDirAndParents(logdir, 0750, uid, gid);

I would like to see these directory permissions as 0755 to enable any user to read the log files. Maybe we could have an optional argument to the logfile configuration directive that allows the default to be overridden.

You could just override the default after chrony has been installed and the
logdirectory has been created?