Re: [chrony-dev] [GIT] chrony/chrony.git annotated tag 3.5.1 created. 3.5.1

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 03:15:48PM +0200, Vincent Blut wrote:
> Miroslav, Matthias, thanks a lot for working on this.
> I backported this patch to chrony 3.0 for our previous stable release
> (Debian 9). Would someone please check that everything is ok?

The diff between the original patch and yours looks ok to me.

Why do you need it? IIRC the Debian chrony package moved the pidfile
to /var/run/chrony only very recently and the default in versions
before 3.4 was in /var/run, where only root can write and where this
is not a security issue.