Re: [chrony-dev] chronyc csv_mode should not force no_dns

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 06:43:38PM +0200, Nuno Gonçalves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When selecting csv_mode on chronyc, no_dns is automatically selected.
>
> I don't see a clear reason why this would be always or almost always.

The assumption is that with -c there is a script processing the data
and chronyc should just print the data it gets from chronyd. No
reverse lookups or anything. If needed, that can be done in the
script using the host, nslookup, dig, or whatever command.

> And while adding no_dns manually would be just one more letter, the
> reverse is just not possible currently.
>
> I propose to remove the automatic selection of no_dns when csv_mode is selected.

That would break existing scripts.