Re: [chrony-dev] [Regression 3.5 -> 4.0-pre1]: Could not remove /run/chronyd.pid : Permission denied

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 08:34:27PM +0000, Easwar Hariharan wrote:
> Apologies, I let my excitement get away from me and inadvertently replied
> from my Outlook mailbox. I should have also taken a closer look at the
> thread and the code. I'll take a deeper look at FEAT_PRIVDROP and associated
> code to see what's already been implemented in this space. Sorry about the
> tangent.

I'm not sure what exactly would you like to support, but starting
chronyd under a non-root user was discussed few times on this list and
the users list, so you might also want to search the archives.