Re: [chrony-dev] PPS on FreeBSD

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 11:21:58PM -0500, Jail Bird wrote:
> While chrony + PPS works great on FreeBSD, it doesn't currently get
> enabled because sys/timepps.h on FreeBSD uses C99 integer types, and
> the configure script doesn't enable those for the checks.
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct fix, but this crude hack makes it work:

Thanks. I think we can simplify the configure script a bit before
fixing this.

As the chrony code needs the additional macros from in <inttypes.h>
(e.g. PRIu32), there is no point in detecting both stdint.h and
inttypes.h, and then selecting between them. I'll remove it.

The fix for detecting timepps.h will then be just adding inttypes.h to
the list of required headers.