Re: [chrony-dev] Bug in chronyd -q "server ip"

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 05:08:33PM +1200, Bryan Christianson wrote:
> I was just looking at using the -q option before actually running the daemon.

Have you considered using the initstepslew directive? I'm assuming you
want to delay starting something before chronyd has stepped the clock.

The -q option was intended more for cases where chronyd shouldn't be
running continously.

> It appears to be broken.

> Setting the option sets
>         clock_control = 0;
>
> In SYS_Intialise(), only the null driver is loaded. The actual system drivers are not loaded.

Good catch. Would you like to submit a patch?