[chrony-dev] Leap seconds using SOCK driver

Hello,

We're presently using the SOCK driver with chrony, and I wanted to verify the correct usage of the leap parameter.

struct sock_sample {
  struct timeval tv;
  double offset;
  int pulse;
  int leap;
  int _pad;
  int magic;
};

As far as I can tell, setting leap to 1 will schedule the insertion of a leap second, and won't apply it until the last day of June or December. Is there an expected minimum amount of time in advance that this needs to get set? Does it matter if we keep that set after the leap second should be applied, so long as it gets cleared before the next schedule window?

Thanks,

--

Michael Scherer