Re: [chrony-dev] Chrony 3.0-pre1 fails to send or receive data from socket on FreeBSD

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 09:16:16AM +0000, Adri Koppes wrote:
> > Is it safe to assume this will be included in FreeBSD 11.1?
>
> This commit is not part of 11.0 release.
> The commit says 'MFC after 3 days', and has been done in 11-stable.
> 11-stable will eventually become 11.1, so I'm sure the fix will be included in 11.1, but unlikely to appear in security updates to 11.0.

Do you think it's plausible someone would compile chrony on 11.1 and
then run it on 11.0? I think we should rather disable it on all
versions of FreeBSD, at least for now. It seems to be a wrapper around
recvmsg() for compatibility with Linux, so there is probably not much
benefit in using it.