Re: [chrony-dev] SW/HW timestamping on Linux

I believe the stddev issue with multiple interfaces may have been leftover sampling from prior runs. I cleared all the point data, and things looked better. Sorry about that.

The priority issue remains, but I don’t think it’s a big deal per se. When running with scheduling priority (-P 9), I see about 30% of ‘D H’ for the fast units. Running without priority I see virtually none (all ‘H H’). I don’t believe that this is much of an issue, because scheduling priority is really only needed when daemon timestamps are in use. With hardware or driver timestamps, it isn't necessary.

Denny