Re: [chrony-dev] SW/HW timestamping on Linux

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 06:46:36AM -0800, Denny Page wrote:
> I do not have xleave enabled. Can you explain more as to why you would expect to see such an offset without xleave?

The offset is calculated from four timestamps. Two local and two
remote. Without xleave the peer can't deliver the TX HW timestamp, so
the offset will be calculated from three (two local + one remote) HW
timestamps and one (remote) daemon timestamp, which will ruin the
offset.