Re: [chrony-dev] SW/HW timestamping on Linux

I would not have expected this, and I haven’t dug into it, but looking at the time to generate timestamps for pcap, I am seeing times of more than a second(!). I am wondering what happens if we get to the point of sending the next request before we have received the transmit timestamp for the prior one. Given the speed of the units I’m testing with, it appears to be possible to have received the second response before the first transmit timestamp.

Have you tested against a fast server with "minpoll 0 max poll 0”?

Just a thought.

Denny