Re: [chrony-dev] SW/HW timestamping on Linux

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 10:36:55AM -0800, Denny Page wrote:
> Here is a reasonable visual representation of what I am seeing. The section on the left (before 8:00) is with hardware timestamping, while the section on the right is with software timestamping. maxdelaydevratio of 4 in both cases.

Do you see in measurements.log any entries with 'D K' and
'111 111 1111' in the columns with tests results (i.e. were any 'D K'
measurements used for synchronization)?

It would be interesting to see if this improves with the workaround I
posted in the other mail. Another experiment would be to try
configuring all sources with the noselect option and see how much
stddev improves. If it does improve significantly, it would suggest a
problem with the synchronization of the clock. Maybe the kernel is too
slow (the nohz=off option might help) or there is a problem in the
chrony's loop.