Re: [chrony-dev] Retention of sources' measurement history

On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:19:24AM +0200, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 12:40:08PM +0200, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
When the system clock is adjusted, all dump files are immediately
invalid (even if they were not loaded), so we might want to remove all
*.dat files in the dumpdir when chronyd is started (after loading some
of them or maybe none). I suspect there could be a problem if someone
has configured chrony to share the dumpdir with some other program
that creates *.dat files and chronyd would remove files it didn't
create. I guess it should be ok if we check the filenames first if
they contain refid/IP address as chronyd names its dump files.

This is now in git. Please test and report any problems.

Hey Miroslav,

Like I said to Bill, I’m trully sorry for the delay in answering!

Anyway, I just tested HEAD and chronyd behaves as I wanted it to regarding this request.

Thank you very much for your work,
Vincent