Re: [chrony-dev] [GIT] chrony/chrony.git branch, master, updated. 2.4-9-g6cd5583

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 08:02:53AM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
> Another question is what one takes as the "no-assymmetry" delay ( ie the
> minimum delay). The lowest delay? Ovr what time period? Can one imagine weird
> situations in which the minimum is a bad estimate? Over how long a period does
> one take the minimum? It would be a mistake to take 0 for that minimum.

At least for start, it could be the minimum delay from samples that
are used in the linear regression (up to 64 samples). This value is
already used for few other things. In my experiments it worked very
nicely. We can increase the number later or work with a time interval
instead of a number of samples if necessary.