Re: [chrony-dev] replace md5 with SHA

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 04:34:55PM -0700, Earlence Fernandes wrote:
> However, the daemon cannot get the time. It runs for a while, and then
> exits with "No suitable source for sync.." (I run it with chronyd -q)
>
> I had tested chronyd with MD5 and my own NTP server which serves auth
> packets, and it worked fine. Now I've changed everything to SHA like the
> above, but it does not work. Any ideas why?

It would be good to know if the problem is with packets that chronyd
sends or it's in processing of the server's responses. I'd suggest to
compile chronyd with --enable-debug and run it with -d -d.

send_packet() should say it sent 72 bytes.
receive_from_socket() should say it received 72 bytes.
receive_packet() should say test567=111