|Re: [chrony-dev] create_dir in util.c - permissions|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-dev Archives
- To: chrony-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-dev] create_dir in util.c - permissions
- From: Bryan Christianson <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 22:06:34 +1300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=smtpcorp.com; s=a0-2; h=Feedback-ID:X-Smtpcorp-Track:To:Message-Id:Date: From:Subject; bh=a1MjQIxHJxynwMkAfR+cbry79Gt7mPCN2bhl7v51ZIs=; b=qQ/ywFozgTkD Il6ZfSU8S0CXNyITXsU5XjAnrjfQoSwxbXbh8zZFU49ARXNaLCcxTE0T1eEDR99D7zXMYFcd+AZKD vzzxhc+AsD2fEFHeFrWLp3rVSzYgMqCMoOGn/PPuG9YXXKO5F08nsma+zoubCycV76cIhy0Q4cfS3 LxXlTzco4kD+BwIBDsREBF6dQs+02MOipHgdehNrvy4tXZI9Sn4S6AL+Mxq3YlKQj/Xktjq5NRIWL Ysgp/C8MqZbT01ODK3NzaMdi8AwLqMje4BWnhpfVLrIaEbU8W0FT+mA9x/2SNADmLXsa6F2W6g7SD OUBnEXosEEBLLlLmOJuiaw==;
- Feedback-id: 149811m:149811acx33YQ:149811sSBifv5Y_w:SMTPCORP
> On 23/11/2015, at 9:59 PM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 09:44:19PM +1300, Bryan Christianson wrote:
>> /var/run isn't really the problem because reboot does clean all that up. Its logdir, dumpdir and drigtfile that have problems and the non-privileged daemon is unable to update them. And the error is easily missed because its not a show stopper, just a warning message in the syslog. (I wondered why my graphs stopped updating after switching to non-privileged mode)
> Yeah, I can see how can that be a problem and I occasionally hit it
> too. Still, I'm not sure if it would be safe for chronyd to assume the
> directories are its own and not shared with some other daemon for
I agree. Best thing for now is probably to just add comments/warnings to the sample configuration file(s) and possibly also in the documentation of the 'user' directive.
To unsubscribe email chrony-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.