Re: [chrony-dev] MacOS X - system startup and logrotation

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 05:12:26AM +1200, Bryan Christianson wrote:
> I have written a chrony log rotation shell script for MacOS X (the existing log rotation facilities on MacOS don't allow for running chronyc to signal a rotation to chronyd), along with the launchd plist files (similar to systemd service files) required to run the log rotation on a daily basis and another to start chronyd at system boot.
>
> The control app I am writing will install these in the appropriate directories but I was wondering if they really belong on the chrony/contrib directory and should perhaps be installed by chrony's 'make install' - i.e. independently of my app.

Including the script and launchd files is fine with me, but I'm not
sure about their installation. At least in the Linux world, there are
various differences between distributions (and their versions) which
make the integration with the system hard to do reliably, so it's
better to do that at the packaging level.

Is there an URL I could add to the chrony website for your package?