[chrony-dev] chrony on MacOS X 10

Hi

I did some googling but was unable to determine if there was already a port of chrony to MacOS X. Unable to find anything, I went ahead and did the port myself. It seems to be running fine , although I have not done anything about building start scripts and the like, just starting it manually.

Where to from here?

My patch is against the chrony 2.0 tarball, i.e. not git. I can build it from either an xcode project or via the command line

Would be nice to have chrony generally available for the Mac as it seems to have better performance/accuracy than the default ntpd. My reference server (10.64.1.25) is a Raspberry Pi with a Navisys GR-601W usb GPS receiver.

number9:chrony-2.0-bc bryan$ ./chronyc tracking
Reference ID    : 10.64.1.25 (fleur.lan.seaviewsound.co.nz)
Stratum         : 2
Ref time (UTC)  : Sun Jun  7 01:33:51 2015
System time     : 0.000117000 seconds fast of NTP time
Last offset     : +0.000000612 seconds
RMS offset      : 0.000006067 seconds
Frequency       : 20.127 ppm fast
Residual freq   : +0.001 ppm