Re: [chrony-dev] PPS reference clock rejected because of high dispersion

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 05:01:18PM +0200, Hattink, Tjalling [FINT] wrote:
> I think the solution is sound as long as the user knows what the
> acceptable max dispersion should be. The 100ms default is still a
> somewhat magic number, and users with very noisy local reference clocks
> should be aware that this maxdispersion should be increased in their
> case.

That's a good point. I've changed the default to 0 (disabled) and
reworked the code to not include the average dispersion in unfiltered
samples, which should fix the original problem with PPS getting stuck.

> Thanks for helping us out with this issue, and I hope we can see these
> changes soon in the next release!

Thanks for the report and testing. I'd like to make a 1.30 prerelease
soon, I've only few smaller items in my todo list for 1.30.