Re: [chrony-dev] PPS reference clock rejected because of high dispersion

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 02:21:10PM +0200, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:44:56PM +0200, Hattink, Tjalling [FINT] wrote:
> > And
> > as the filter is never updated the dispersion never became lower. So a
> > deadlock, which matches my bug report.
>
> That's the bug we need to fix, but I liked better your original
> suggestion to reset the filter and the variance statistic when the
> check fails (maybe not always, but after some number of times).

Here is another idea. Don't include the PPS dispersion in the original
check, so it will continue to collect new samples and update the
variance statistic, but add a new check with the PPS dispersion and
set a flag to not accumulate the filtered sample in poll_timeout()
until the dispersion is good.

What do you think?