Re: [chrony-dev] Traffic amplification with chrony commands

Miroslav Lichvar writes:
> After giving it more thought, I think it's really better to keep the
> monitoring commands open and break the compatibility of the protocol
> instead. It wouldn't be for the first time, in 1.27 it was done to
> allow non-MD5 authentication.

> Most users seem to use chronyc only locally. If they have an update of
> the distribution package or compile chrony from source code, they will
> have chronyd and chronyc updated at the same time and should have any
> problems with it.

> Thoughts?

Please try to provide backward compatibility so that the new chronyc can
talk to the old chronyd.  I want to be able to upgrade the chrony
package on my workstation running Debian/Unstable and still talk to
chronyc running on my router running Debian/Stable.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@xxxxxxxxxxx