Re: [chrony-dev] [GIT] chrony/chrony.git branch, master, updated. 1.25-pre1-18-g20a4340

On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 10:00:36PM +0100, Ed W wrote:
> Been running this for a few days.  Not particularly thrashing it, but
> nothing untoward happened...
>
> How are we looking for a release?

Hm, I just had a crash while I was messing with the tick value outside
chronyd. The sourcestats stddev ended up as -nan which caused assert
failure in find_best_sample_index. It seems to be caused by commit
c88801. The sample weight calculation is not stable when there is a
large jump in distance, the stddev from the regress function is used
in the next weight calculation, which are getting bigger and the
stddev smaller until it reaches the limit of double and fails.

I'm not sure how to fix it yet.