Re: [chrony-dev] preparing for 1.25-pre1

Miroslav writes:
> Regression since which version?

The regression appeared in 1.24.

> What if we started using <linux/ioctl.h> instead of maintaining our
> own copy of the ioctl macros for every arch?

Good idea.  It appears that they are standardizing those macros anyway.

> Is this about the tracking output? Reference ID is always 32 bits and
> is equal to the source's IP address only for IPv4...

It's confusing as it always has been the source's IP and the dotted-quad
notation makes it look like a valid IPv4 address even when IPv6 is in
use.

> But chronyc knows both refid and IP address (and if it's IPv4 or
> IPv6)...

How?
--
John Hasler