Re: [chrony-dev] Let the kernel write the sys clock to RTC

> 3. In an extreme case, the only permanent storage, with r/w access, > is a small > NVRAM in RTC. The estimated system clock error/drift ca be stored > there.

 No, there is no linux way of putting the drift rate into the rtc that I
 know
 of.

I read it from NVRAM and create a drift file in a RAM FS for chronyd
to use and vice versa.

OK. But then the 11 min rule is a disaster.
(I assume you are talking about the drift of the rtc, not of the system clock)

So, the drift in chrony.drift file is the drift of RTC and is not used to
adjust the system clock driven by the CPU crystal?

---
Piotr