Re: [chrony-dev] What Linux distributions include Chrony?

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 08:22:49PM -0800, Bill Unruh wrote:
> I think it may soon be time to issue a new version 1.24 as well.

Yeah, I have only few items in my todo list that I'd like to do before
next release, extending chronyc protocol to allow version mismatch
reporting and maybe some cleanup.

What about making a beta release first? There was a lot of code
changed since 1.23 and I can't believe it's all bug free :).

> By the way, I noticed in the ntp discussions that claim that ntp can handle
> about twice as many requests per second as can chrony. Any suspicions as to
> why?

I'm seeing the opposite here. ntpd seems to stop replying at certain
packet rate which then uses less CPU, looks like a buffer is
overflowing somewhere. CPU utilization is the same when the packet
rate is set so both reply to everything (about 12000 pps).