[anemon-devs] lthough not in Unafo

And sandwitches, among other things. But of course they had to show
it was a `kid' party, after all. For instead of coffee we had milk.
Milk! When I was going through

a tradgedy. For if it is not a tradgedy
to be engaged to a man one never saw before, what is it? All through
the refreshments I could feel that his eyes were on me. And I hated
him. It was all well enough for Jane to say he was handsome.
She wasn't going to have to marry him. I detest
dimples in chins. I always have. And anybody could see that
it was his first mustache, and soft, and that he took it round like a
mother pushing a new baby in a perambulater. It was sickning. I left
just after supper. He did not see me when I went upstairs, but he had
missed me, for when Hannah and I came down, he was at the door,
waiting. Hannah was loaded down with silly favors, and lagged behind,
which gave him a chance
to speak to me. I eyed him coldly and tried to pass him, but I had no
chance. "I'll see you tomorrow, DEAREST," he whispered. "Not if I can
help it,"

I said, looking straight ahead. Hannah had dropped a stocking--not
her own. One of the Xmas
favors--and was fumbling about for it. "You
are ti