Re: [anemon-devs] Supporting multiple interfaces

blue caddy wrote:
Using pydhcplib-0.3.2, I have added a static route to 255.255.255.255 via eth1. This seems to work, as Offers and Acks are going out this interface. Now, I'd like to run the server on eth2, eth3, etc.
Do I have to use raw sockets, or is there a better way to accomplish it?

Due to the "high" level of python network implementation, pydhcp can't distinct network interfaces. Even the use of raw sockets weren't enough to do this in pure python <= 2.4 (raw sockets were not fully implemented and/or lack of documentation to use it). I didn't update pydhcp since python 2.4 and early 2.5, then i can't tell you if raw socket implementation/documentation evolved.

thanks,
Blue

Bye.
Mathieu.