[vhffs-dev] Re: Mail::Header, sub _tag_case replaces List-Id to List-ID

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:25:33AM +0200, Mark Overmeer wrote:
> * Sylvain Rochet (gradator@xxxxxxxxxxxx) [080330 21:27]:
> > In the Mail::Header perl module, the sub function _tag_case is
> > replacing List-Id to List-ID.
> >
> > The RFC #2919 define the tag List-Id to be List-Id and not List-ID.
>
> In the document, I read
>
>    The syntax of the List-Id header follows:
>    list-id-header = "List-ID:" [phrase] "<" list-id ">" CRLF
>
> So... my spelling seems correct.  And on one other spot, it is also
> written with capitals.  In the examples, it is "List-Id".  Well...

Well, my bad, this "bug" has been reported to VHFFS and I didn't look
deeper into the RFC, the RFC is in fact not really clear about List-Id
or List-ID.

> actually it doesn't matter, because the field is case-insensitive.
> Do you really care?

In fact, not, I set the "bug" in the wontfix state on VHFFS :)

Have a nice day,
Sylvain