hal or not to hal, thats the question ?

maybe yesterday I was a bit too enthusiastic, that its only a few steps
to RC1 of 5.0.

My main question is hal. First I thought, it is removed, because hald
is not running, but afterwards I have seen, that it is installed, but
only the daemon is not running.

I think, its time to remove it for 5.0 - CTK-Arch, which is in the use
of hal-related programs quite near to SliTaz, shows, that it is
possible.

Here some links, that might be useful

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/HalRemoval
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Halsectomy
http://wiki.debian.org/HALRemoval
https://features.opensuse.org/308762
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODExOA

pcmanfm 1.0 should work without hal (0.9.8 is running in CTKArch), but
perhaps a change to spacefm could be useful (archbang did it)
http://ignorantguru.github.com/spacefm/
it came out of pcmanfm-mod
http://bbs.archbang.org/viewtopic.php?id=2127
which removed the hal depencies