Re: Any arch support

I think a noarch like list would make sence. This so when arch is not i?86 it will look for it in packages-noarch.list and the $ARCH/packages.list. Its also so we don't have to rename the noarch packages (ex. cookutils-2.0-noarch.tazpkg) and just a have a option only out put a list. Thi s should keep it simple for me to add to my code later on.

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I still don't like the idea of multiarch just cause its going to be
> not easy to make my slitaz-tank isos anymore. So i will not be able
> support other anyways since slitaz-tank was meant for x86 only so we
> only have to have 1 type of arch. Its why i used slitaz in first
> place. It was simple. With multiarch it can't be done so simply. I
> know this cause i did try looking at making a source dvd like
> slitaz-tank on archlinux back in 2010.

The way I done it does not change anything to Tank and the default
x86/i486 arch. Cooker is in same path, we use main wok, cook works the
same way until ARCH is set to something else than i486. I know it can
look complicated and a huge change but you will see it's not and we will
make it as simple as possible. Also, tazpkg will not change, cook
behavor will only change if cross-compiling witch is not the case for
tank-dvd

That said it is huge changes and we will move to multiarch step by
step and first with spk (tazpkg may never handle multiarch by the way).
The goal actually is just boot an ARM machine with ~20 packages (linux,
glibc-base, busybox, zlib, base-files and boot-scripts is the minimal).

On the packages side, we can keep things as it. And have other arch
packages in packages/$ARCH on mirror. Having a dir on mirror will not
alter tazpkg or tank-dvd since it use list in packages/*