Re: i18n for pkgs.slitaz.org

Hi Aleksej,

> We are international community project, yes? Of course!
> And we should use UTF-8? Absolutely!

Yes we are :-)

> I don't know why, but you (I mean SliTaz authors & maintainers) like
> to create new pages in ISO-8859-1 (West-European). When I translate
> this page to Russian, I don't use ISO-8859-5 (or windows CP-1251, or
> KOI-8R, etc...) I use UTF-8. It's standard de facto for any
> international project.

Because year ago I did the first website pages in ISO and often we a
dev create a new page he does a cp of an old page and dont use the new
utf-8 standart and HTML 5 I want to have on all slitaz sites.

> Please, see sources of the current site: http://pkgs.slitaz.org/
> You can see the line:
> And on the page http://pkgs.slitaz.org/?lang=fr we can see that
> source line too. We use UTF-8 and HTML5.

Yes I know, I'm the one who moved search to UTF-8 :-) But it was a
first commit, of course we have to remove all these variables and use
gettext! TEXTDOMAIN=tazpkg-web

> When we write page in UTF-8 we don't need to put to html code any
> HTML entities like &ecirc; or &ndash; etc. We can write ANY symbol to
> sources DIRECTLY. ONLY, please, open sources in UTF-8 (not in
> ISO-8859-1) and go ahead...

Nope you must use HTML entities or W3C will not validate the page.

> To Christophe:
> It seems that this is a job for You. Please, add this line to the
> html head in the template:
> charset=utf-8" />

I missed that one! File are in slitaz-dev-tools/slitaz-mercurial-style
and must be updated anyway with pro, shop header links

> Yours sincerely,
> Aleksej Bobylev

I saw all the commits you did in website, impressive! I'm happy to have
someone helping on thta side!