Re: SliTaz success story

I worked as a High School Student Worker for a few years.  We had ~140 old laptops that were going to be trashed.  They were 12 years old (600MHz P3 with 128MB ram) trying to run XP.  I made a Slitaz build and distributed it to most of them.  They are now the fastest laptops in the school (boot in 20 seconds).  One teacher told me that he checked out a cart of 1 yr old laptops and had ~15 of the Slitaz machines lying around.  The students fought over who could use the Slitaz machines!  Since Slitaz took up hardly any resources, I was able to run MS Word in WINE faster than the dual core XP desktops.  Now that the school has linux machines readily available, students can easily explore new programming languages and projects.

Regards,
Naitsirhc Hsem