Re: 3G/GPRS/EDGE/CDMA modems

Hi Brenton,

Personally, I just want a simple and light box I can use to dial up
using my mobile phone and my 3G modem. So that's why I'm trying to
create it.

Atle: I hate clutter or multiple clicks to do anything and rox-filer
just annoys the hell out of me. My solution probably won't be elegant
though. What I have in my mind is box where you have to enter the dial
number, APN, port (/dev/ttyUSB3 for example) and maybe the pin if
needed. After you do that, you just have to click connect for it to
connect you. Switching will be handled by usb_modeswitch.

Have a look at tazhw script. It has a wvdialbox that does all that. I don't remember about usb_modeswitch (if it is still there as a dependency). I think I took it out because as far as I remember its no more a requirement with the latest linux kernels but in case it is still needed, you can easily fix that.

Good luck.

Rohit