Re: Rolling 20120320 (Xorg fixe)

On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 22:40 +0100, Christophe Lincoln wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> > I'm still having some problems with blank screen and Xorg files, I've
> > included my boot.log:
> >

> Bad news :-(
>
> But you confirm you have GUI box to configure language and keymap wich
> mean at this moment Xorg is working ?
>
> Can out try to boot with lang= and kmap= since it will configure i18n
> and not start tazbox and let tazx make normal confifigs like before ?

        Hi Christophe

        I selected English UK from the Languages menu and it booted
        straight to a working desktop! Boot.log attached:

        Switching / to tmpfs[ OK ]
        Processing /etc/init.d/rcS...
        Mounting proc filesystem...[ OK ]
        Remounting rootfs read/write...
        Starting udev daemon...
        Udevadm requesting events from the Kernel...
        Udevadm waiting for the event queue to finish...
        Using Udev for hotplugging...
        Mounting filesystems in fstab...
        Searching for early boot options...[ OK ]
        Cleaning up the system...[ OK ]
        Setting up tmp X11 and ICE unix dir...[ OK ]
        Creating symlink : /dev/cdrom...[ OK ]
        Adding /dev/cdrom  to fstab...[ OK ]
        Chmoding cdrom device...[ OK ]
        Mounting /proc/bus/usb filesystem...[ OK ]
        Starting system log deamon: syslogd...[ OK ]
        Starting kernel log daemon: klogd...[ OK ]
        Detecting PCI devices Kernel modules...
        * Loaded module:   intel_agp
        * Loaded module:   snd_hda_intel
        * Loaded module:   iwlagn
        * Loaded module:   yenta_socket
        Detecting USB devices Kernel modules...
        Requesting events from the Kernel...[ OK ]
        Executing all initialization scripts...
        Configuring user and group: tux...[ OK ]
        Parsing kernel cmdline for SliTaz live options...
        Setting system locale to: C... [ OK ]
        Setting system keymap to: uk...[ OK ]
        Swap memory detected on: /dev/sda6
        Activating swap memory...
        Setting hostname...[ OK ]
        Configuring loopback...[ OK ]
        cannot open locale definition file `C': No such file or
        directory
        Starting udhcpc client on: eth0...
        udhcpc (v1.18.4) started
        Sending discover...
        Sending discover...
        Sending discover...
        Sending select for 192.168.1.64...
        Lease of 192.168.1.64 obtained, lease time 86400
        deleting routers
        route: SIOCDELRT: No such process
        adding dns 192.168.1.254
        Setting default mixer volumes... Done
        Starting TazPanel web server on port
        82...[ OK ]
        Checking if /etc/locale.conf exists...
        Locale configuration: C[ OK ]
        Keymap configuration: uk
        Configuring Xorg...
        Starting local startup commands...
        Starting all daemons specified in /etc/rcS.conf...
        Starting message bus daemon: DBUS... [ OK ]
        Starting Hardware Abstraction Layer:
        HAL... [ OK ]
        Starting slim login manager: Slim... [ OK ]
        Setting up kernel security rules... [ OK ]
        Iptables rules are disabled in: /etc/firewall.conf...
        Starting httpd deamon: httpd... [ OK ]

                H        H        H        H        H        H        H        H        H c]R Welcome to your box.
        SliTaz boot time: 6s

        I checked the Xorg logs and files and everything looks OK.

        Many thanks.

        Paul

        PS: Thanks for emailing me earlier Pascal