Re: IRC meeting feedback + 4.0 relnotes

I thought i should tell you guys that i think chroot is broken. I only believe this is cause cause emacs will not build at all. Emacs 23.3 couldn't build or 23.4. The only thing i know is its not detecting giflib/libungif.. I added ungiflib compatibility here. My emacs update is here. (This does sync emacs and giflib with my cooking branch thinking that libungif.so was needed for emacs).

I also think chroot is very out of date. Maybe build with too old of packages. So pankso can you rebuild chroot? I ask this cause i found errors like this in config.log file:

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slitaz-linux/4.5.2/.../../../librsvg-2.so: undefined reference to `cr_simple_sel_to_string'

Here is full log. I hope this helps.

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Ikem Krueger <ikem.krueger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2012/2/18 Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> So it was very productive evening on IRC yesterday!
>
> Nice talk with nice people and I was so happy to meet everyone.
>
> * We have started 4.0 release notes
> * We have set release tasks and timeline for 4.0
> * We will have a dedicated server and fund raising have started
>
> Have a nice weekend,
>
> - Christophe

What I really miss on Slitaz is the "oomph".

I like to see:

- a boot menu with a gui (no more fiddling with parameters)
- a boot splash
- a beautiful artwork (golden orange icons on a dark brown theme)

I think it would give Slitaz a big boost.

Then it is small AND beautiful.

I hope someone consider this.

Ikem

--