|Re: IRC meeting feedback + 4.0 relnotes|
[ Thread Index |
- To: slitaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: IRC meeting feedback + 4.0 relnotes
- From: Christopher Rogers <slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:54:05 -0500
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx designates 10.68.74.197 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx; dkim=pass header.i=slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=FtW7cBVXN390kOpwQoaXiZSK/l4YxTrPyqjJaHapYO8=; b=prcU4yj1VEGf14GYF9i4UyllETNbumEWXgfRkDDYYy1O0lQlHFX4fhFOxKVWZDyULU lytC0LEFHLNlOIlK3QzEwK5DWzwr9f7cVdXtRObDS4Z9NHhDT6fMKOIaBrLi9HtB2qME 8HSwz+5Ot9YGLpPg6DYPV78hYdItsMh11P63Y=
I thought i should tell you guys that i think chroot is broken. I only believe this is cause cause emacs will not build at all. Emacs 23.3 couldn't build or 23.4. The only thing i know is its not detecting giflib/libungif.. I added ungiflib compatibility here. My emacs update is here. (This does sync emacs and giflib with my cooking branch thinking that libungif.so was needed for emacs).
I also think chroot is very out of date. Maybe build with too old of packages. So pankso can you rebuild chroot? I ask this cause i found errors like this in config.log file:
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slitaz-linux/4.5.2/.../../../librsvg-2.so: undefined reference to `cr_simple_sel_to_string'
Here is full log. I hope this helps.
On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Ikem Krueger <ikem.krueger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> 2012/2/18 Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
> So it was very productive evening on IRC yesterday!
> Nice talk with nice people and I was so happy to meet everyone.
> * We have started 4.0 release notes
> * We have set release tasks and timeline for 4.0
> * We will have a dedicated server and fund raising have started> Have a nice weekend,
> - Christophe
What I really miss on Slitaz is the "oomph".
I like to see:
- a boot menu with a gui (no more fiddling with parameters)
- a boot splash
- a beautiful artwork (golden orange icons on a dark brown theme)
I think it would give Slitaz a big boost.
Then it is small AND beautiful.
I hope someone consider this.
My blog: http://linux-workers.posterous.com/