Re: Blending edge ISO with latest stuff

I'm going to try it; only two words: i'm installing with:

# mount -o loop,ro slitaz.iso /media/cdrom
# slitaz-installer

but I've noticed that slitaz-installer sets KERNEL=vmlinux-$(uname
-r), while it should take the correct name from
/media/cdrom/boot/<name-of-kernel-in-the-iso>, assuming that I've not
booted from cdrom but i'm running my slitaz installation;
so the new vmlinuz-2.6.37 becomes vmlinuz-2.6.30.6-slitaz (the kernel
from which i'm installing), which will differ from
/lib/modules/vmlinuz-2.6.37.

However, after renaming the kernel and changing grub menu.lst,rebooted
and the new blending booted perfectly, the only issues being screen
res and b43 firmware wireless. So I have a generic question:
it wouldn't be nice to have a direct link for additional
known-requested packages near
the iso download link, to make all important devices working properly
and not requesting an uncomfortable cable connection?
E.g. I KNOW that my laptop needs i915 modules and ath9k modules or b43
firmware, so before downloading the iso couldn't I click on a quick
link to get this two or three most important packages? It is a
proposal, i think that it could
be compiled of list of known important-per-machine packages.

Regards,
Daniele